WHAT DOUBTERS DON'T GET ABOUT THE 5:2 LIFESTYLE
Skeptics and cynics abound. Many times it seems that they are people that don't believe that dieting works. Perhaps in some cases because they have tried various diets themselves and did not achieve a wanted outcome. Some will say, “show me scientific proof that it works” and if you show them the many Clinical Studies and the abundant Statistical Data on populations that fast regularly, they seem to get even more dug in about defending their cynicism. As if their entire reality would crumble if they were wrong about their assumptions.
What I often see is discrediting the 5:2 by saying that it is nothing new. It is just Intermittent Fasting or IF that has been around since the 1940's. And really, about this they are right. Actually, fasting has been around for Thousands of years in many spiritual traditions. This link has a great article that talks about some of these traditions and the health benefits that people get from them, backed by Statistical Data.
I think what many Nay Sayers miss is that the 5:2 is a refinement of Fasting, and of IF. What the refinement in effect does is make it bearable to get the benefits from fasting for many of us who don't want to feel like we are starving. It is relatively easy, and for this reason it has morphed into a way of life for many people. Lifestyle choices are abundant moment by moment and everywhere we turn, what the 5:2 delivers is a less intrusive framework that supports our transformation into more conscious living.
I feel that I have more energy with less food now. While it is not necessarily easy to break up decades of overeating as part of old lifestyle programing, my commitment is more hardened to build up new programing over time. Food also tastes better. During and coming off my Lo-cal (Fasting) days, food actually tastes amazing. I am learning to enjoy every bite. Right now, as of this writing, I am only 1 pound away from my weight goal. People tell me I look really great. I am truly amazed that all this is really happening while only going to the gym less than 2 days a week. I feel really empowered and I may well live the 5:2 or the 5:1 lifestyle for the rest of my days!
No comments:
Post a Comment